Assisting Individuals in Crisis
Crisis Intervention is NOT psychotherapy; rather, it is a specialised acute emergency mental health intervention which requires specialised training. As physical first aid is to surgery, crisis intervention is to psychotherapy. Thus, crisis intervention is sometimes called “emotional first aid”. This program is designed to teach participants the fundamentals of, and a specific protocol for, individual crisis intervention. This course is designed for anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of individual (one-on-one) crisis intervention techniques in the fields of Business & Industry, Crisis Intervention, Disaster Response, Education, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance, Healthcare, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress.
- Psychological crisis and psychological crisis intervention
- Resistance, resiliency, recovery continuum
- Critical incident stress management
- Evidence-based practice
- Basic crisis communication techniques
- Common psychological and behavioural crisis reactions
- Putative and empirically derived mechanisms
- SAFER-Revised model
- Suicide intervention
- Risks of iatrogenic “harm”
Location: High Leigh Conference Centre
Date: Friday 2nd September – Sunday 4th September
Cost: The cost of this 3-day residential course will be in the order of £250 per person.
To receive further information on attending CISM training, please enter your details below via the Register button. Thank you.